Saturday, August 6, 2011

Reasons

Dear all,

We went to HCG Hospital and consulted Dr B.S. Ajaikumar, Dr C.P. Reghuram, Dr Sreedher.Ps and Dr Intezar Mehdi.
They diagnosed my daughter and has given a treatment plan which will lasts for almost a year. The full treatment summary given by HCG team can be viewed HERE

So now after considering all the sides I have decided to treat my daughter at Kerala. The reason why HCG Bangalore treatment is not practical for us is because,

1. The treatment cycle is for almost a year and so staying at Bangalore all this time is not that easy for us and also it's very expensive (before coming here we were not aware that the treatment will take such a long time)

2. My elder child, 12 year old Ammu, is studying at 7 th standard at Calicut and at this age there is no comfortable staying facility for her there as i don't have any relatives in Calicut

3. During the treatment period, we will be alone at Bangalore with the child. This lonely situation will affect the improvement of the mental state of the whole family as well as my Aavani as she is more attached to her sister Ammu, and this loneliness can worsen her condition.

6. I need to stay at Bangalore for around an year during the treatment cycle, I can not go for any job and this will keep my families financial security in stake.

7. As i need to depend on public transport system to commute Aavani from room to hospital frequently, doctors pointed that Infection chances are more as during the course of treatment she will be given lots of immunosuppressant drugs

8. Frequent blood and platelet transfusion will be required during the course of treatment. It will be difficult to find donors at right time always

If I 'am doing further treatment at Kerala, I can solve most of the issues. We are looking for options at Kerala by discussing with Doctors who knows us and also about Aavani's present condition. This week we are meeting DR PV. Gangadharan, a renowned Oncologist at Kerala

I thank you all for you kind support and prayers for my daughter

Regards,

Suresh KG
(Aavani's Pappa)